Friday, March 21, 2014

PHONE CALL FROM THE DEAD-OUR DISCOVERY PT. 2

Can the dead manipulate electronic devices? Can they break through the fabric of time and space, from wherever they are, and influence the workings of our communications devices - our telephones - to leave one last message... to say one last goodbye?
                 
Several weeks ago I wrote a blog called "Phone Calls from the Dead".
The interest from readers it generated with their own personal experiences with this phenomena was overwhelming! There seems to be something to this at least in anecdotal evidence. 


Are these phantom phone calls merely technical glitches? It's likely that many of these experiences can be chalked up to crossed lines, cell and cordless phone interference, and other explainable malfunctions. But there are other experiences that are not so easily explained away.  It's likely that many of these experiences can be chalked up to crossed lines, cell and cordless phone interference, and other explainable malfunctions. But there are other experiences that are not so easily explained away.


My blog continued with my own encounter presented with my own remarkable experience of such a phone call, featured in Chapter 7-Phantom Phone Calls, in my recently published book Estate of Horror: www.estateofhorror.com  
Begin Excerpt:


After I started paying the bills for Paul’s house, I noticed something odd about the phone bill. When I reviewed March’s phone bill there was a strange number that showed up under long distance calls. It was a number to Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, and the calls came from Paul’s house at precisely 4:05 AM once a week, always on the same day. MCI was charging us per call for a minute, which meant a connection went through. 
Intrigued, I rechecked February’s bill and saw four charges for the same exact number. I called the lawyer’s office and his assistant, Linda, tried to find some information about the number, but was unable to.
   “When did the calls start, Anita?”
I again looked over the February bill and saw what I missed. I couldn’t believe it. The first time the odd phone number appeared was on January 29, the day of Paul’s memorial. Then I contacted MCI and they said the calls were definitely coming from his house to that number. However, we had discontinued long distance service. How was this possible?
   “Is there a fax machine or another phone line there?” they asked.
  “No,” I said. “He only had one phone, wasn’t computer savvy, and didn’t own a fax machine or answering machine. He only had caller ID.” “I never heard of such a thing.” The phone representative said,“It’very strange. The only thing you can do is see if the calls continue for the next few months.”  MCI took off the charges.
This went on until we changed phone providers in June. Then, the calls stopped. We **never found out whose number it was or why the phone dialed to that number.
Was Paul telling me that 4:05 AM was when his spirit left his physical body and departed the earthly plane?



End of excerpt


POSTSCRIPT: We finally did find out whose number it was. You'll be astonished at our discovery as to where the ghostly calls went.

HERE'S WHAT WE DISCOVERED!


Phantom  Phone Calls: The Discovery


We did a search a few years later (had to pay for it) and found out the phone number belonged to a company in Bethlehem, Pa called **C.A. and seemed to be where the call was going each week. The name did not mean anything to us. In fact it took us several days before we got the actually address of this company as there were several companies with almost the same name in different parts of the country of different types of businesses. We found a new phone number to call them and they did had a record of my deceased friend as being a customer to their relay security system. They confirmed that he was using the system in 2009 through **Smith Security System who were their sub-contractors in his area, but Smith was now out of business, and the technician told me that there was no recent record of the number-it was obsolete- I gave them (that showed up on his bill). It still showed up on the internet for us to look up their company).

**C.A. and **Smith  names changed for privacy reasons.

They put me through to an office manager and I explained that when I called that number 5 years ago we got a ringing for about 8 times then the receiver was picked up and then the phone was put down. It was a high pitch that sounded like a Fax machine gone crazy with just a continues high pitch piercing sound on the phone until I hung up. We had disconnected long distance so we were getting the extra charges as a toll call. MCI took off the charges when I told them no one was in the house at 4:05 AM in the morning when the calls were being made-every week. But calls were being made from his house and confirmed by MCI and they said that was very strange.



C.A.'s office manager told me that as routine, security companies monitor 24/7 and usually check the phone line at least once a month (and you don't even know they are doing it). But they call the land line to make sure it's working not the other way around. And not every week for months on end, like I mentioned to her what was on my friend's bills. She was emphatic that calls don't come into the relay station that way- they do the calling! And she said, almost ready to hang up on me, that it would be *Smith that would do the monitoring since he was their customer and had no idea about that obsolete number and said again, "that should never happen". 
Also why did the calls stop when we went with the new phone providers Verizon when MCI no longer was the phone carrier? The calls were still monitored with the *Smith alarm system as we didn't change the phone number.

Here's my Paranormal Theory: 
MCI had been his phone provider for 30 years, so was my friend's spirit disrupted and confused with the change over of providers that was not of his knowledge? Was Paul telling me that 4:05 AM was when his spirit left his physical body and departed the earthly plane? That's how far we got and it's still a mystery today. I guess I will have to ask Paul when I see him some day.Hopefully not for a long time!

No comments :

Post a Comment